Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Scrappy Swoon leftovers...

The Swoon pattern is one of my favourites, and one of the bonuses is that you get plenty of scraps when making the patchwork points to use for another project.
So after making the Canyon Patchwork Swoon quilt recently for my daughter, I have a bundle of 20 pretty patchwork/solid HST's measuring 7.5" leftover, as well as some short strips which I am going to use in another project...
I posted on IG asking for some ideas on how to use these blocks and some suggestions were to piece them into a quilt back or to make pillows from the blocks.
As there are so many off cuts though, I was keen to make the best use of them by sewing a smaller quilt so have been playing around with a few layouts on the computer.
This ends up about 42" square at the moment but the borders will make it a little bigger. 
Linking up with Scraptastic Tuesday hosted by Leanne @ She Can Quilt and Nicky @ Mrs Sew and Sew.
Kirsten.

4 comments:

  1. What a great use of the leftover scraps Kirsten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great and a wonderful quilt from leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh brilliant! I lve how scraps from one quilt can make a whole new quilt with a bit more fabric. It links all your creativity doesn't it! Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

    ReplyDelete