Saturday, July 2, 2016

Jungle Book baby quilt

This Plus quilt pattern by Kelly at Jeliquilts has become a favourite of mine. 
It is such an easy quilt to sew up and there are so many cute fabrics that you can use to make a quick baby quilt!
This time, I used some fun Jungle themed prints which feature monkeys, elephants, lions, crocodiles and giraffes.
I chose a minty green solid for the background and also used it for the binding.
Basting these smaller quilts is so easy too - I can do them on the dining table rather than on the floor which is so much better for my knees!
I used a printed drill for the backing to make this a bit more sturdy if used as a playmat. 
And again quilted it using the Serpentine stitch along the horizontal seam lines.
I already have plans to sew another one of these quilts ...
Fresh Poppy Design
Linking up with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory
2016 FAL
This was on my FAL Q2 list for this year so linking up with the 2016 FAL team.
Kirsten.

3 comments:

  1. Of course I love this because it is quite similar to one I have just finished- in mint green and peach! ( I haven't blogged it yet!) I'm not sure if it will be a boy or girl. Do you know the sex of the baby that this is being given to? Or maybe you don't have a recipient in mind? Perfect for either, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out really cute! How big is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! These fabrics really work in this pattern, don't they? Congratulations on another beautiful finish. On behalf of the 2016 FAL hosts, thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete