Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Scraptastic Tuesday - Scrappy HST's

A fun QAL which I am joining in with is the Moda ABC Birthday QAL which I blogged about here .
To make many of the letters, the patterns involve sewing "Easy Corner Triangles" - for example to form the corners of the "O", "D" and "A" below. Before I trim the corners of the alphabet blocks,  I have been sewing an extra seam so that I make another little HST measuring about 2".
After making all of the letters for the alphabet, I had a pile of almost 80 leftover scrappy HST which I have now made into a panel for a tote bag.

Linking up with Scraptastic Tuesday hosted by Leanne @ She Can Quilt and Nicky @ Mrs Sew and Sew.
Scraptastic Tuesday
Kirsten.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kirsten! I love those letters and of course little triangles! Looking for to see your bag! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your frugality! Makes a great bag panel! Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these little hst scraps... and they do look pretty small ;)

    ReplyDelete