Friday, May 15, 2015

Le Challenge - Wildwood tote

For the "wood" theme at Le Challenge, I have used some Cloud 9 Wildwood organic fabrics, by Elizabeth Olwen to make a Noodlehead Supertote.
I loved how these prints looked paired with denim, which is my favourite fabric to use in bags as it is sturdy and durable for bases the straps.
I used the Doily Flower Bag tutorial by Karen Meyers found on Sew Mama Sew to make a feature on the front pocket.
The patchwork for the back of the bag was made using a scrappy trip along block.
 And I just did echo quilting along the squares to form a grid pattern.
I added in a zip to the top of the front pocket and a slip pocket for the inside of the bag, along with a key fob tab so that I am not digging around the bottom of the bag to find my keys.
I downsized this tote to about 75% of the original pattern so it makes it a great size for a day-to-day bag.
Linking up with Le Challenge.
Le Challenge
And also with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory
Fresh Poppy Design
This project was on my FAL Q2 list for this year so linking up with Adrianne @ On The Windy Side.
2015 FAL at On the Windy Side
Kirsten.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely Kirsten! Is this a keeper or a gift? Not sure I could give this one away......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is one of the most beautiful bags I've ever seen!!! I adore that doily on the front and the patchwork. Zip pockets are always good too. Thanks for linking to le challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really cool applique. Very original bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bag with your fabrics and special applique! I love the colors of your Wildwood fabrics!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is just beautiful. I love the look of the denim, and the doily is gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great Kirsten! The Wildwood fabrics work perfectly with the denim and you have made something very practical too.

    ReplyDelete