Sunday, May 31, 2015

Cosy crochet along blanket

I spent a lovely day today with some friends at a crafting day at a hall about 15 minutes drive from where I live, so I thought I would take my Cosy Crochet-along blanket out for a bit of a photo shoot.
This rug was started a few months ago when Sharon at Lilabelle Lane announced she would be doing an Down Under Autumn Crochet A-Long (DUACAL) following Lucy @ Attic 24's great pattern for a Cosy Strpe Blanket.. 
I began with a selection of acrylic yarn in 15 colours as required for this blanket - most of these were from my stash and left over from when I made a few tissue box covers a couple of years ago..
And have spent many hours crocheting whilst watching TV of an evening - it is only treble crochet (singly then in clusters of 3 on the alternate row) so is quite easy to do.
I ended up doing about 75 rows of colour as I felt it was long enough and I was running out of yarn anyway!
Just love how bright and vibrant this blanket is. 
It is the first of June tomorrow which is officially the start of our winter here in Australia but apart from a few chilly days, it has been lovely weather here - now I just need it to cool down so I can wrap myself up in this cosy blanket. 
This was on my FAL Q2 list for this year so linking up with Adrianne @ On The Windy Side.
2015 FAL at On the Windy Side
Kirsten.

3 comments: