Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Bag testing for Katy!

A few moths ago now, Katy @ The Littlest Thistle put out a call for pattern testers for her "Bag Along Bag" pattern and I put up my hand to volunteer.
I decided to use up some of my Denyse Schmidt "Aunt Edna" stash with some grey denim to make this large 15” x 11 1/2” x 5 1/2” bag.
 I used contrasting red piping and a red zip for the back pocket.
This is a fabulous bag to make as Katy's pattern includes quite a number of different techniques including:
  • External zip pocket
  • Internal zip pocket
  • Bellows pocket
  • Elasticated pockets
  • Piping
  • Twist and turn lock (I ended up using magnetic snaps as I could not find any twist locks)
  • Adjustable strap
  • Recessed zip opening
  • Bag feet  
This bag could also be adapted for use as a camera bag or baby bag -  Annelieises daughter is using hers as a dance bag. I am planning to use mine when we go on holidays soon as I can use it for carry-on luggage on the flight.
 Katy has done a post about the bags that her other pattern testers have made also, so please pop over here and see their lovely versions..

Fresh Poppy Design
Linking to Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory
Kirsten.

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely bag you've made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I hope it makes your flight smooth sailing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you again for testing it :o) (And sorry I didn't see this till now!)

    ReplyDelete