Monday, April 22, 2013

Bee blocks for Bronwyn

It is school holidays here so I haven't been doing much sewing, but I did manage to get the red and aqua AusMod Bee blocks for Bronwyn (Whippet Good) sewn up.
I ended up making a Mosaic block from the Summer Sampler series at Fresh Lemons using just the pretty blues:
And also another "Greek Cross" block from the same series:
I will mail these off to Bronwyn now that she is back from her sisters wedding - if you get a chance do pop over to her blog and have a look at the gorgeous Oakshott quilt she made for the happy couple.
ETA: Thank you so much for letting me know about the Mosaic block being  orientated incorrectly as I hate making mistakes! I had another look at the block this morning and have only had to unpick the corner 3 blocks on the left and switch 2 of them and it will be fine:)
Fresh Poppy Design
Linking to Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory.
Kirsten.

6 comments:

  1. They look fabulous Kirsten! Love the all blue one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aqua and red is one of my favourite colour combinations! Love it! ( BTW Did you realise that the top left hand corner of the block is not orientated correctly? Sorry! It shouldn't take much to fix though, just a rotation i think.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I didn't notice but Susan is right, easy fix though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blocks Kirsten. Aqua and red have been in my mind lately. I love how they look together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the centre you chose for that cross

    ReplyDelete