Thursday, September 15, 2011

WIP # 14 - DS Giant Starflower quilt

Earlier this week I decided to make a quilt for my daughters best friend who is also turning 16 this month. I had bookmarked the lovely Giant Vintage Starflower quilt by Jeni at In Color Order a few weeks ago and as I don’t have any of the pretty vintage sheets she has used, thought I’d try it with some of the fabrics from the Denyse Schmidt Picnics, Fairgrounds and Winding Roads ranges.
 So I chose some of the fresh blue and green fabrics as Lil likes blue, with some white solid for the rest of the background and sewed the quilt top together. I thought the triangles would be tricky as they are cut on the bias but so far so good……..
 Now I have it all basted and ready to quilt. 

Linking to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.
Kirsten.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, this looks fantastic! This is going to be an incredible quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is looking good! I'm drawn to the blues & greens of the DS lines & have made two quilts with them - I think you'll be very happy with it! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is lovely! I want to try that one too :)
    Love all the fabrics, great choice!
    xx

    ReplyDelete