Monday, August 22, 2011

7 things in 7 days...

I had a few days off work last week and tried to use the time whilst my children were at school to my best advantage and get lots of sewing done! I don’t usually take time off out of school holidays but I have a long stretch of work commitments coming up so it was a good time for a short “me time” break. I had strained my neck/back the week before though and was worried I wasn’t going to be able to achieve much so the first thing I made was a rice pack that I could heat in the microwave and sit it on my shoulder (conveniently tucked under my bra strap!) as needed. For the cover, I used some of the lovely AMH Good Folks flannel that I bought from Kate at One Flew Over recently:
I also managed to finish my swap items for The Love Of Solids Swap on flickr - I think I ended up making just about everything on her list though so these are just some sneak peeks of what I made because I don't want to give too much away. Only some of these items will be sent to my secret partner and the other things donated to a local charity raffle………
So I basically got one thing finished every day for a week so I am very pleased with my efforts, especially given the dodgy start to the week:)
Linking to Sew modern Mondays at Canoe Ridge Creations and to Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory (buttons in sidebar).
Kirsten.

7 comments:

  1. Wow those things for your swap partner are looking great, whoever your partner is they are very lucky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the AMH! What a great idea. I was hesitant to buy the AMH flannels, do you find that they are pilly just like flannels from Joann's?

    I also love the swap sneak peak...wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the rice pack! I made a big one for my lower back when I was pregnant and it helped so much. Your swap sewing looks fun, too. Can't wait to see them when you can reveal more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your solids blocks, and the rice pack is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I love your solids progress - can't wait to see bigger pictures!! Lucky partner! Great idea for the heat pack, and awesome fabric, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rice pack is neat, how your neck/back starts feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those solids projects are beautiful--I want to see more! :) Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete