Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunday Stash #3

When I first started sewing a couple of years ago, a remnant of Henna Garden in turquoise was one of the very first fabrics I bought, so I was quite excited last week to see that Sandi Henderson is planning to reprint the gorgeous Henna Garden fabric found in her Farmers Market and Meadow sweet fabric ranges, so if you love henna garden you can go and vote for your favourites and suggest new colour combinations as well on Sandi's blog post.
I really love the beautiful design and fresh colours in this fabric and have just bought a full FQ set which I have not cut into yet......
From top to bottom: brown, speckle, spring pink, raspberry, turquoise, leaf, citrus yellow, pumpkin, melon, persimmon,red&pink, perfect pink.
I have also been able to purchase yardage of most of the available colours (except the elusive pumpkin) and have used them in quite a few projects......
 This is the doll quilt I made for my partner for the Down Under Doll Quilt Swap recently, which was a mini version of the Colorbrick quilt by Rachel @ Stitched in Color.





This ipod/iphone pouch I made for a thank you gift......
 This is such a lovely and versatile fabric range and  I can't wait to see the new colour combinations!
Kirsten.

2 comments:

  1. I've got a few colours but Henna Garden is one of those fabrics you can't have too much of. I'm off to vote for my favourites, All of them :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really gorgeous fabrics. Lovely colour combinations. I will have to keep my eye out for them.

    ReplyDelete