Thursday, June 2, 2011

Down Under Doll Quilt Swap

The DUDQS was the first swap that I have particpated in and now that my swap partner Bek has received the doll quilt I can post details. She said that she liked linen and bright colours so I decided to use some Sandi Henderson Henna Garden prints with linen sashing. Having just finished making a full sized Colorbrick quilt from the Colorbrick QAL by Rachel at Stitched in Color , thought I would  make a "mini" version of it for this little doll quilt which finished at about 17 x 24 inches.
 

I also made a little mug rug using some of the cute Sherbet Pips fabric along with red, pink and aqua  fabrics as Bek mentioned that she really liked these colours too:)
And I added in an iphone/ipod cover which I made from a pattern in Janelle Winds wonderful book "Pieces Of Me" and a couple of crocheted flowers made using a tutorial at Attic 24.
Bek has done a lovely thank you post on her Dreamfctry blog too including an adorable pic of the DQ actually being used as a doll quilt :) Below is a photo from her blog as I forgot to take a pic of everything before I sent it to her:
I had a lot of fun doing this swap and have already joined in another block swap.
Kirsten.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love all of it. :)
    Henna Garden is so versatile, I keep buying bits of whenever I find it.
    The mug rug and phone case are both adorable, too. Love the ruffle on the phone case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mini colourbrick and the pouch! so pretty! I have some sherbet pips I'm not sure what to do with.....but I need to use them soon!

    ReplyDelete